After my very brief stint as an adventurer, cut short at the hands (tentacles?) of a lake kraken, I played through a few more times, and met some exotic and interesting deaths.
- Sucked into a magic mirror
- Wandered into the mist never to be seen again
- Killed by a wight while trying to get a +1 sword
- Fell into the lake
- Fell down a mine shaft
- Fell into a chasm while exploring the pitch-dark mine
- Killed by a nandibear (what the heck is a nandibear?) in the mine
- Sucked into a magic mirror again
And at one point I pulled a real Inspector Clouseau. I saw some campers and decided to let discretioon be the better part of valor, by bypassing them. Wrong! I twisted my ankle, tripped on a rock, slid down the side of the hill, and landed in the campsite.
This is really not going well!