YOU BECOME a really ticked-off assault victim when you’re robbed, tied to a tree, and left to die. Days later, a wizard is passing through and needs a favor from you because you seem like you can handle yourself in a fight. (huh? really?)
Just go to the lost legendary city of Tarnath-Tor (can’t miss it, it’s just past the automat) and find the wizard’s stuff in his old barracks. kthxbai!
Review and Opinion
I enjoyed this one a lot. There was outdoor travel, ruins to explore, magical weirdness, and a whole lot of side buffs that are optional if you’re very fortunate.
Best of all, the combat was well-balanced and I actually won on Adventurer mode without ever resorting to Casual mode! If you’ve seen my other GA reads, you know that this counts for a lot.
And it was gruesome. Some of the more gruesome deaths I had while I was sifting the gruesome ruins of Tarnath Tor, included:
- Beaten to death by living statues.
- Crushed to death by roots.
- Crushed to death by tentacles.
- Sliced up by a flying sword.
- Swallowed by the darkness inside a mirror.
- Turned into a statue by Aslan’s glitter-breathing brother.
- Disemboweled by cultists as my life was being drained away.
- Poisoned by a lich and resurrected as a zombie.
There was mention of two treasure items: a bag of gems, and a tribal necklace. I never did find these even after an exhaustive search through the book in Casual mode. This error may be in the book, or may be me.
Book 6 in the series
Other FF Players and Links