Still Dying in the Zombie Apocalypse
I’m still reading Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse by Max Brallier.
This is some seriously good stuff. The writing is great, ranging from explicit gore and violence to irreverent snarkiness and mild sexual suggestion. My nameless character has survived a few times and died a lot more, in a variety of ways that I find amusing and horrifying and really a lot of fun.
Let’s see, yesterday alone…
- Pinned under a tree thanks to Army shelling, where I was bitten and turned
- Stuck irretrievably in a pipe in the sewer, and drowned
- Holed up peacefully in a bookstore, eating muffins and reading zombie books (nice!)
- Imprisoned in an Army hospital for tests
- Sent a topless photo of a hot bartender, then left to guess what comes next
Fun times, indeed!
It’s well-written, well-edited, and well-thought-out.
First published September 1, 2020. Last updated December 15, 2020.