YOU BECOME a really ticked-off assault victim when you’re robbed, tied to a tree, and left to die. Days later, a wizard is passing through and needs a favor from you because you seem like you can handle yourself in a fight. (huh? really?)
Just go to the lost legendary city of Tarnath-Tor (can’t miss it, it’s just past the automat) and find the wizard’s stuff in his old barracks. kthxbai!
Review and Opinion
I enjoyed this one a lot. There was outdoor travel, ruins to explore, magical weirdness, and a whole lot of side buffs that are optional if you’re very fortunate.
Best of all, the combat was well-balanced and I actually won on Adventurer mode without ever resorting to Casual mode! If you’ve seen my other GA reads, you know that this counts for a lot.
And it was gruesome. Some of the more gruesome deaths I had while I was sifting the gruesome ruins of Tarnath Tor, included:
- Beaten to death by living statues.
- Crushed to death by roots.
- Crushed to death by tentacles.
- Sliced up by a flying sword.
- Swallowed by the darkness inside a mirror.
- Turned into a statue by Aslan’s glitter-breathing brother.
- Disemboweled by cultists as my life was being drained away.
- Poisoned by a lich and resurrected as a zombie.
There was mention of two treasure items: a bag of gems, and a tribal necklace. I never did find these even after an exhaustive search through the book in Casual mode. This error may be in the book, or may be me.
Written by Al Sander
Illustrated by Dan Maxwell
Book 6 in the series
Other FF Players and Links